A new bike trend: 27.5 - Now also in the Muni scene available!
Ligther and more agile as 29" Muni, faster and better over bumps rolling as a 26" Muni. 27.5" is an alternative between that sizes.
You don't have to decide "Muni or Cross" - 27.5 is both!
The Q-Axle Muni are the successor of the Qu-ax ISIS Muni. The ISIS axle has here been replaced by a technique that has been used in the cycle industry since 2002: The axle has a 24mm diameter instead of the ISIS-typical 22mm and is more hollow which makes it lighter (the bigger diameter allows a thinner wall). The cranks are no longer tightened as much on the axle as possible - but precisely positioned by an alloy cap and then fixed by tightening 2 allen-key-screws on the crank. The crank-connection has less wear and is more resistant to frequent assembly/dissassembly. Also, just like from tapersquare to ISIS, the connection-surface that transfers the pedaling-power is bigger.
Thanks to the more hollow-drilled axle, already the hub is more than 130g lighter than its ISIS-predecessor. It also makes the axle stiffer. As the bearings still keep the same outer-diameter, the hubs are compatible with all ISIS-ready-frames.
- Wheel size: 584mm (27.5")
- Color: Black
- Frame: Qu-ax Muni frame with Magura brake bosses, steel
- Saddle: Qu-ax Muni
- Seat post: 25.4mm aluminum seat post with gusset
- Seat clamp: 2-Bolt clamp
- Tire: Maxxis HighRoller II, 75-584 (27.5x3.0")
- Valve: Schrader Valve
- Rim: Strong double walled rim
- Hub: Q-Axle Disc-hub, red
- Cranks: Q-Axle 145mm cranks, anodized grey
- Pedals: BMX metal pedals, black
- Number of Spokes: 36
- Weight: 5.9kg
- Leg length: 82 - 100cm
Qu-ax is writing:
As first unicycle-maker, QU-AX shifts the Muni 26" towards the new standard of mountainbikes: 27,5", also known as 650B.
At Eurobike or Taipei Cycle Show, it was already quite hard to find a 26" Mountainbike to look at. Even rim- or tire makers are only developping new products or tire-patterns for the new size. We keep the pace and shift our Muni #1702 to 27,5" from now on!
- It's lighter than 29"
- system-weight of tire, tube and rim is only 5% higher than a comparable 26" wheel (29" is around 12% heavier!)
- which makes a better acceleration than a 29" and at the same time...
- better rollover due to a better attack-angle of the wheel. A 29" wheel rolls around 14% more efficient over a 6cm high object than a 26" wheel. A 27,5" wheel rolls around 9,8% more efficient over this obstacle than a 26" wheel - with a lot of less weight than the 29"
- More tire touches the ground, there's simply a bigger contact patch - more traction, more control!
- uphill: no real difference senseable, the tire has the same grip and slips just like the 26"
- big difference, the wheel swallows obstacles and roots a lot better than the 26" - feels a lot faster
- downhill: for sure it's faster - same agility as the 26" - rides smoother
- jumping: no senseable difference (in terms of weight or intertia)
|Shipping weight:||9,00 kg|