The 36" unicycle QX Disc comes in package with a disc brake for a really good price! Disc brakes tend to perform equally well in all conditions including water mud, and snow and offers a better control.
The Q-Axle disc-brake unicycles are the successor of the QX disc-braked unicylces. The ISIS axle has here been replaced by a technique that has been used in the cycle industry since 2002: The axle has a 24mm diameter instead of the ISIS-typical 22mm and is more hollow which makes it lighter (the bigger diameter allows a thinner wall). The cranks are no longer tightened as much on the axle as possible - but precisely positioned by an alloy cap and then fixed by tightening 2 allen-key-screws on the crank. The crank-connection has less wear and is more resistant to frequent assembly/dissassembly. Also, just like from tapersquare to ISIS, the connection-surface that transfers the pedaling-power is bigger.
Thanks to the more hollow-drilled axle, already the hub is more than 130g lighter than its ISIS-predecessor. It also makes the axle stiffer. As the bearings still keep the same outer-diameter, the hubs are compatible with all ISIS-ready-frames.
- Wheel size: 36"
- Color: White, black
- Frame: QX alloy disc-frame with gauge-guide (clips)
- Saddle: QX Eleven
- Seat post: 25,4 mm alloy seatpost, black anodized, diamond-knurled surface
- Seat clamp: 2-bolt seatclamp, black, QX-series
- Tire: 36 x 2 1/4" (52-774) TA tire
- Valve: Schrader Valve
- Rim: Aluminum, black, double walled
- Hub: Q-Axle Disc-hub, red
- Cranks: 145mm cranks, anodized grey
- Pedals: QX pedals, transparent
- Brake: Shimano Disc / two-piece 160mm rotor
- Number of Spokes: 36
- Weight: 7,10kg incl. brake + rotor!
- Leg length: Minimum 81cm
Please ask if your legs are shorter than the minimum above.
The minimum step length applies with shorted seat post.
Learn more about step length and wheel sizes.
How to assemble a unicycle.
|Shipping weight:||11,00 Kg|